Work in Progress
This article is a work in progress, please do not edit it without the permission of its creator(s).
What Makes an Organization?=Edit
A faction is a collection of individuals that (ideally) share goals; with knowledge, order, pleasure, power, and/or profit being typical pursuits. Members of the group typically share a hierarchy, traditions, and regulations; none of which are obliged to be complex or strongly enforced.
Types of Groups
- Military Group - These groups are characterized by the use force or the threat of force to achieve their goals, which can vary wildly between different groups: for instance mercenaries motivated by profit vs. regulators motivated by order.
What To AvoidEdit
These are not all hard rules, but serve as a guide. If you follow these guidelines, you will not likely violate the rules or credulity, or simply make something that nobody else would be interested in reading about or contributing to.
- Fan clubs or extensions of a single character.
- Large amounts of high-technology and industrial capability.
- Infallible and/or unassailable factions, including perfect "hive mind"-like cohesion.
- The means and the wherewithal to dominate enormous areas, whether they actually do so or not.
- Strong ties, whether friendly or antagonistic, to canon factions.
- Vast communications abilities.
|Name of group|
|Location:||Location (and Country)|
|Goals:||Goals of group|